TravaGen 120c by NeuroScience
Contains a blend of ingredients important for mood and reducing stress* Utilizes L-tryptophan to provide gentler conversion to serotonin compared to 5-HTP*
L-tryptophan: An essential amino acid and precursor to serotonin and melatonin. L-tryptophan provides gentler conversion to serotonin compared to 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) as the rate-limiting step in the synthesis of serotonin is the conversion of L-tryptophan to 5-HTP (1). Serotonin is important for regulating mood and sleep-wake function (2).
Taurine: Neuroprotective amino acid that provides antioxidant protection and demonstrates GABA-A agonist activity (3-5).* GABA is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain important for calm and sleep (6-8).
L-theanine: Amino acid that acts as a glutamate receptor antagonist (9).* Glutamatergic signaling plays a role in underlying mechanisms related to anxiousness and stress (10). In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, L-theanine was shown to significantly reduce stress (11).*
Vitamins B and C: Active forms of vitamin B6, folate, B12, and C are important for serotonin synthesis (12-16).*
1. Birdsall T. Altern Med Rev. 1988;3(4):271-80.
2. Monti J. Sleep Med Rev. 2011;15(4):269-81.
3. Kumari N, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;775:19-27.
4. Shimada K, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015;803:581-96.
5. Kletke O, et al. PLoS One. 2013;8(4):e61733.
6. Gou Z, et al. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2012;33(E5-6):E75-81.
7. Mohler H. Neuropharmacology. 2012;62(1):42-53.
8. Saper C, et al. Nature. 2005;437(7063):1257-63.
9. Kakuda T, et al. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66(12):2683-2686.
10. Bermudo-Soriano C, et al. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2012;100(4):752-74.
11. Kimura K, et al. Biol Psychol. 2007; 74(1):39-45.
12. Dakshinamurti K, et al. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1990;585:128-44.
13. Bottiglieri T. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2013;36(1):1-13.
14. Stahl S. J Clin Psychiatry. 2008;69(9):1352-3.
15. Antoniades C, et al. Circulation. 2006;114(11):1193-201.
16. May J, et al. Brain Res Bull. 2013;90:35-42.
Take 1-3 capsules one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare provider.
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare provider before use.
Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 40
Amount Per Serving:
Vitamin C ... 40mg
(as ascorbic acid)
Vitamin B6 ... 9mg
(as pyridoxal 5-phosphate)
Folate ... 200mcg
(from (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt**)
Vitamin B12 ... 30mcg
Magnesium ... 50mg
(as magnesium bisglycinate chelate)
Zinc ... 6mg
(as zinc bisglycinate chelate)
Selenium ... 7mcg
Proprietary Blend ... 1.95g
L-tryptophan, Taurine, and L-theanine
Other Ingredients: Vegetable capsule (Hypromellose, water), Microcrystalline cellulose, and Magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
**This product uses Gnosis S.p.As (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt (Quatrefolic®) and is protected by U.S. Patent No. 7, 947, 662. Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A., Milan, Italy.