Alpha GABA PM 60c by Neuroscience
Wave goodbye to restlessness with this researched blend of botanicals and 400mg of L-theanine shown to induce calming brain waves and naturally imrove sleep during times of stress.* Features evidence-based ingredients in a botanical alternative sleep blend, formulated to naturally downshift a racing mind to calming brain waves (1,2).* Alpha GABA PM uses proprietary whole lemon balm leaf extract, providing improved mechanism capability, as well as micro-encapsulated valerian root to improve the odors characteristic to this botanical.
L-Theanine: Amino acid that acts as a glutamate receptor antagonist (1).* L-theanine has been linked to the generation of alpha brain waves, indicating a state of relaxation (2).*
Melatonin: Hormone important for the regulation of the sleep-wake cycle (3).* Supplementation with melatonin has been shown to improve the onset of sleep (4).*
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) root extract (Valerenic acids 0.8%) (Micro-encapsulated): Both in vitro and in vivo studies demonstrate valerian extracts modulate GABA-A receptors (5-8).* Micro-encapsulation reduces valerian root odors.
Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) leaf extract: Botanical shown to inhibit the enzyme GABA transaminase in vitro, which may increase levels of GABA
in the brain (9).* Utilizes proprietary extract extensively researched to reduce stress (10,11).
5-HTP (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract): 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) crosses the blood-brain barrier and is a precursor to serotonin and
melatonin. Serotonin is important for regulating mood and sleep-wake function (12).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1. Kakuda T, et al. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66(12):2683-86.
2. Juneja L, et al. Trends Food Sci Tech. 1999;10:199-204.
3. Pandi-Perumal S, et al. Prog Neurobiol. 2008;85(3):225-53.
4. Kunz D and Mahlberg R. J Sleep Res. 2010;19(4):591-6.
5. Benke D, et al. Neuropharmacology. 2009;56(1):174-81.
6. Khom S, et al. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;161(1):65-78.
7. Murphy K, et al. Phytomedicine. 2010;17:674-8.
8. Becker A, et al. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014;14:267.
9. Awad R, et al. Phytother Res. 2009;23(8):1075-81.
10. Cases J, et al. Med J Nutrition Metab. 2011;4(3):211-8.
11. Ibarra A, et al. Phytomedicine. 2010;17(6):397-403.
12. Monti J. Sleep Med Rev. 2011;15(4):269-81.
Take 1-2 capsules at bedtime or as directed by your healthcare provider. Do not exceed suggested use.
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Serving per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving:
L-theanine ... 400mg
Melatonin ... 3mg
Proprietary Blend ... 530mg
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) root extract (Valerenic acids 0.8%), Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) leaf extract, 5-HTP (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract)
Other Ingredients: Vegetable capsule (Hypermellose, water), Maltodextrin, Rice concentrate, and Silica.